The subject of the headings of the peer-reviewed scientific journal "Philosophy of Education" is compiled in accordance with the nomenclature of scientific specialties approved by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation in the following branches of science:
- Ontology and theory of knowledge.
- Social and political philosophy.
- Theory and methodology of teaching and upbringing (by areas and levels of education).
The journal contains the following sections:
- Methodological foundations of the philosophy of education.
- Philosophy of development of society and education.
- World experience of the theory of pedagogy.
- Study of the education systems of the East and West.
- Values and goals of Russian education.
- Human problems in the philosophy of education.
- Philosophy of upbringing.
- Specific methods and innovations in educational practice.
- Health-saving technologies in education.
- Forecasting in education.